Reflection (and working with oracles) is one of the main meditation techniques that has helped me find more peace and continues to help me grow and create the change I crave in all areas of my life. Full moons (and new moons) are an especially powerful time to go within, so you can uncover what will get you closer to your desires (especially if you've been feeling stuck lately).
Each month at the full moon, I consult my favorite oracle system (the I Ching) and ask, "How can we can best use the current energies to move more powerfully along our path, and manifest what we desire most in our lives, right now?"
This month the I Ching answers us with hexagram #40, "LIBERATION".
This hexagram is a reminder that so much of what holds you back from manifesting or creating the change you desire in your life, is YOU, and not some outside person or force.
Your own habitual mindsets and behaviors play the biggest role in whether or not you're able to manifest your desires. States of chronic fear, stress, and anxiety all contract your energy and keep you from doing what you need to do to create the things you crave most in love, money, career, health etc.
So if you find you've been feeling stuck in some area of your life, and not able to create the change you so deeply want, the message for you is: NOW is the time LIBERATE yourself from those self-imposed mental and behavioral shackles!
I'm no stranger to creating my own inner-shackles. And in fact I spent years allowing my anxiety, doubts, and stress to hold me back (without even realizing I was doing it!). It wasn't until I discovered meditation that I began to see 5 very specific mental and behavioral habits that were constantly keeping me stuck in a stressed state and blocking me from moving forward in certain areas of my life.
When I was able to liberate myself from these 5 "stress habits" (aka. manifestation enemies), and replace them with their opposing "peace habits" (aka. manifestation allies), that's exactly when I began to see positive shifts in every area of my life- from love, to money, to health, etc.
So if you're feeling blocked from manifesting anything in your life, stop looking for what more you need to do, and start looking at what mindset or behavior patterns you may need to liberate yourself from during this full moon.
And if you struggle with chronic stress, fear, or anxiety, below are the 5 stress habits that blocked me from creating the change I craved in my life for years, and are very likely blocking you too! Take a moment to sit quietly and reflect on the following questions to determine if you need to liberate yourself from any of the these stress habits, to begin creating what it is you desire most right now. (and if you prefer journaling, you can also use these as journal prompts).
5 STRESS-HABITS that may be keeping you stuck from creating the change you so deeply crave in your life
1) DISTRACTION from the present.
Reflection Questions: "Do I have a habit of allowing my mind to constantly wander from the present to dwell on the past, or worry/obsess about the future? Do I constantly feel overwhelmed from multi-tasking and trying to do (or think about) too many things at once?"
- Reflection Questions: "Do I often neglect my self-care by not honoring my own needs and boundaries? Do I often make excuses as to why I don't have time for self-care?"
- **think overcommitting yourself, lax boundaries with others, not getting enough sleep, not getting enough mental rest (aka. meditation), not getting enough physical activity, poor eating and water drinking habits, overconsumption of coffee, alcohol, etc.
3) RESISTANCE to what is
Reflection Questions: "Do I tend to cling to pleasurable experiences and resist uncomfortable ones, forgetting that pain (physical and emotional) is a very natural (and often necessary) part of life and growth?"
- Reflection Questions: "Do I expect perfection from myself, and tend towards shame, guilt, or negative self-talk any time I make a mistake, don't reach my goals quick enough, or fall back into an old pattern?"
5) Creating FALSE-STORIES
- Reflection Questions: "Is there somewhere in my life I tend to take things very personally and often feel like a victim (of another's actions or a certain circumstance I find myself in)? Am I creating certain stories or meanings about this other person's actions or a circumstance, they may be untrue?"
- For example when my boyfriend and I started dating, I had a tendency to take everything he said to me personally, and make it mean something about me and my self-worth. So if he was closed off or short with me, I immediately created a story in my head that his feelings for me had changed, or that I did something wrong. When in fact, there were many other reasons his energy and actions could have shifted! Turns out, it was usually work stress.
- So the key here is to realize you're making assumptions and stories up all the time! Start looking for them, because they're simply feeding your stress and keeping you stuck.
After you complete this reflection ritual, write down any breakthroughs or realizations you had. Then thank yourself for taking this time for self-care.
Happy full moon!